International Day of Eating

Each year on the first weekend in June, it just so happens that the Italian and the Greek Festivals happen on the same days.  I'm not sure why but I can only assume it's so that people who love to eat (i.e. me) get the maximum amount of gorging all in one weekend.

At the Greek Fest there was Chicken Souvlaki (why have I always been scared of Tzatziki?  It's delicious!), Tyropita (a little too heavy but still good) and 4 different types of Greek pastries whose names I've long since forgotten (however no Galactoboureko which is the only one I REALLY wanted, ugh!) But the ones I did get were phenomenal!

At the Italian festival, there was a Porchetta and Broccoli Rabe sandwich (OMG!), Mozzarella Sticks, and handmade by little Italian grandmothers Ravioli with Marinara. (To die for!)

Follow that all up with a trip to the docks in Naptown and some Moe's Mexican for a late dinner and some Deep Dark chocolate ice cream for dessert, and it was the perfect tour of the world.  Of course, I'm not exactly sure I'm ever going to eat again...





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating My Way Around London

Gavin Creel: A Joy-filled Evening at the Kennedy Center

What's New in Theatre?: Broadway Edition