Home Again

After a fabulous week in New England, it's back to the grind here in Maryland.  I'd never been any further north than NYC, so the chance to see some pretty new places, was fantastic!

What I loved:

~ Boats, Boats, and More Boats: They're everywhere!  It could have been the fact that we were visiting all seaports, but multiple boat trips are so much more fun than car trips.

~ Mystic, Seaport: Such a super cute town!  I loved everything about it, especially the ice cream shack on the water.

~ North End of Boston: Gotta love Little Italys - a Sfogliatelli as big as my head!  What's not to love?!

~ Whale Watching: I actually saw humpbacks.  I was hoping for a jumper (that's what the nature films show!) but unfortunately that didn't happen.  But I did see some dorsal fins and some tales.  

What I didn't love:

~ Driving that far north stinks!  I never want to do that again!

~ Lack of good Iced Tea: Apparently New England is not such a fan of Lipton.  Also no Splenda, what the heck!?

~ Brr!  The days were nice and warm but boating in the ocean is COLD!
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating My Way Around London

Gavin Creel: A Joy-filled Evening at the Kennedy Center

Starstruck