My Happy Place

What is it about reading a book that takes place in England, that makes me pine for Great Britain?  I thought I'd gotten over it.  I mean the love's always there, but when I realized it was next to impossible to get a job across the pond, the living there permanently bubble popped.  But after reading 2 books that take place solely in England, I'm right back there again, dreaming of the country side, and market towns.  I can see the green hills and feel the electricity of the city.  But yet, I'm stuck here in good old Maryland... Ugh!

It also doesn't help that the dudes at work are leaving for Bristol tomorrow (yep, they get to go to England, while I'm stuck schlepping to DC - Not cool!).  Also, all the fabulous BBC shows are back on PBS and I'm in the midst of planning a trip there for 2015. It's like England is leaving me a message - Come back - we have tea! - but isn't leaving me the cash to do so. How unfair!
There's just something about England. While I've never been able to put my finger on what it is, it will always remain my happy place.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating My Way Around London

Gavin Creel: A Joy-filled Evening at the Kennedy Center

Review: 'You are Here: A Come From Away Story'