Washington Wishing

There was a time when I thought it would be awesome to work in DC.  I applied for loads of jobs down there and thought nothing of having to drive to the Metro station then take the train in each morning.  After a fairly disastrous interview in the city, involving a sweaty unending train in the heat of July in an "interview suit" I realized, you couldn't pay me enough to make me do that each day.
After another of those trips today, I have to admit, it was a little better.  The train arrived on time, it wasn't a million degrees, I wasn't wearing a ridiculous suit of armor and the only traffic I hit was the usual traffic close to home.  But even with no issues whatsoever, it's still a pain in the butt.  
Don't get me wrong, I'm still in love with all things DC.  It's invigorating and exciting and is home to some of the most prolific monuments in the world not to mention some of the biggest Federal agencies and non-profits, but I'm going to get my DC love on the weekends during short day trips, like the tourists.  That's perfectly ok with me.  I'll take my 20 minute drive each morning to a 1.5 hour ordeal any day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating My Way Around London

Starstruck

Gavin Creel: A Joy-filled Evening at the Kennedy Center