Restaurant Rave: Iron Rooster

Seeing as I'm a big fan of eating food in general, I get very excited when new restaurants open.  Of course, lately, there haven't been many in my neck of the woods.  There have been lots of closings but not many openings.  That changed this month when Maria's in Annapolis closed and Iron Rooster opened.  The deal is this: breakfast served all day.  How can you resist?  That alone would make it pretty popular.  But add to it the awesome menu and great atmosphere, the free valet and the welcoming staff, and they just may have a hit on their hands.

The restaurant's been open three weeks now and I've already been twice.  The sheer number of times I said the words "Iron Rooster" in the week between my 2 visits, was bordering on the excessive.  My first visit was for breakfast and I just couldn't resist the Breakfast Burrito.  I could hear it calling my name.  And it so didn't disappoint.  The Iron Rooster Breakfast Burrito contains scrambled eggs cotija cheese, peppers, onions and Beef Brisket (you heard that right!) and is smothered in poblano pepper sauce.  I was willing to sell my soul for another after the first bite.  So Delicious!



On the second visit, I very nearly ordered the burrito again, mostly because it was that delicious but also because I could (breakfast all day folks, what a radical concept!).  But I resisted the urge and went for the Bacon and Egg Ramen.  I wasn't sure anything could live up to the burrito, but the Ramen was just as good.  It contained pork belly, 2 perfectly poached eggs, green onions and peppers all swimming in some seriously rich and amazing chicken broth.  Pretty darn tasty!

The best thing about this place is that there are least 5 other items that I haven't even tried yet on the menu that are still calling my name.  I just love having new things to try.  That is, of course, if I can resist the siren song of the Burrito and the Ramen, which will be very difficult in deed...

Editor's Note: I was too busy gourging on the burrito to take a picture so the photo above is courtesy of Iron Rooster's facebook page.  I was able to snap the Ramen before I devoured it so that one's all mine : )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating My Way Around London

Gavin Creel: A Joy-filled Evening at the Kennedy Center

Review: 'You are Here: A Come From Away Story'