But What Does it Mean?!


This was posted on all of Hamilton's social media feeds on Tuesday August 8th.  I'm fairly certain that the folks behind Hamilton knew exactly what they were doing when the posted it - basically working the entire fandom up into a frenzy.  What does it mean?!  How is Friday going to be, in Lin's own words, a #BitofaDay?  It's all so puzzling.  

As a member of this particular fandom, I have been pondering this very idea for the last few days.  And while I may be completely off base, I do have a few ideas.  I'm pretty sure, that whatever it is, will be something I never even thought of because if there's one thing the Hamilton-crew can do, it's definitely surprising their fan-base.

So, my thoughts, in no particular order but in increasing levels of ridiculousness...

~ Lin's making his return to Broadway playing the lead.  Javier Munoz is rocking the part, but maybe, just maybe Lin is missing his long locks so much that he's willing to step back in as Alexander.

~ The powers that be are finally allowing the fans to see the recorded version - either on television or BroadwayHD.  They've recouped their investment, dozens of times over I'm sure.  It's about time they give us the pleasure of seeing the original phenomenal cast.

~ They're making a Hamilton movie.  I'm not ready for this to happen, so I'm hoping this isn't the case.

~ Lastly, and most ridiculous of all - they're taking over the soon to be vacated Great Comet theatre (when they close next week) and are mounting a second Broadway production so more people can see it.  It would be a first but if anyone can sell out two theaters, it's Hamilton.  

Whatever the news, I'm sure it will be amazing, and surprising, and I'm positive that we fans, myself included, are willing to wait for it (see what I did there? : ) with baited breath, until tomorrow.  I can't wait to have my own #BitofaDay along with everyone else!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating My Way Around London

Gavin Creel: A Joy-filled Evening at the Kennedy Center

What's New in Theatre?: Broadway Edition