Happy New Year!


So I totally failed at blogging in 2017.  I have high hopes for 2018 though.  In that vain, I have a few resolutions to make me better in the new year.  One of those is of course, to start blogging regularly again.  It's a thing I say every year.  I have high hopes...If only to outdo myself for the last few years. One can hope...

~ Yoga is next up on my resolution list.  I pretty much hate exercising, however yoga seems like a way to exercise but not kill myself as I do it.  Also, my old lady back has been having issues, and the best I can hope for is that Yoga helps it.  I'm hoping to love it.  I mean, I just hit the Old Navy yoga pant sale, so I have to like it a little to justify my purchases.

~ Then there's dating.  I hate, hate, hate the idea of using Match.com to meet a significant other.  That's not the love story I want to tell my future children.  The issue with this is, all my friends are single as well, so they don't have anyone to set me up with - if they did, they would set them up with themselves (as I've been told.). So my 2018 goal is to go on lots of dates, yet I haven't quite figured out how to make this happen yet.  It's a resolution, that's still in the works so to speak.

~ Then there's finances.  I want to pay off bills.  If for no other reason, than having more money to travel fun places. I get more vacation hours after 5 years with the same company - it would be a shame not to use them! I've been really good for the last 2 months, so momentum is going strong. (At least that's what I tell myself anyway.)

As you can see, my resolutions are so very, very different from everyone else's.  No one else in the world wants to get in shape, meet a significant other, and pay off debt, right? : )  Lastly, on top of the resolutions, I like to participate in Ali Edwards' One Little Word.  I choose one little word to focus on throughout the year.  2017 was Explore and based on the number of steps I logged in New York and England, I'd say I did pretty well fulfilling that word.

2018's word dujour is ENGAGE.  My wish is to engage more with those around me, and those I love.  I spend a little too much time avoiding contact, and being the introvert that I've always been.  This year, I want to come out of my box a little.  I want to go out of my way to connect with new people and reconnect with those I've lost touch with.

I plan to engage with the world around me by traveling, and reading, and constantly learning.  I want to engage in meaningful conversation - not just the usual casual convos we all have on Facebook.  However, I'm going to attempt to disengage from those crazy political conversations that send me over the edge.  I want to get involved, but I also don't want to stress myself out while doing it. The power of positivity is going to be my friend this year.  It's a process, but I'm working on it.

Here's to 2018 being one of the best years yet - at least, let's hope it's just wee bit better than 2017 was!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating My Way Around London

Gavin Creel: A Joy-filled Evening at the Kennedy Center

Review: 'You are Here: A Come From Away Story'