Street Art in the City


I have this weird fascination with Street Art. I think it may have started in Austin, TX which has murals all over the city. I became so excited each time I'd find a new one, I'd feel the need to yell "Street Art!" It wasn't so bad when I was walking with someone, but when you're alone it's a bit embarrassing. This love affair with the medium continues today, especially in big cities like New York or Washington, DC. 




It's now one of my favorite past times when I'm traveling; trying to find new and exciting forms of street art. Luckily others have this same fascination, because I've learned to use Pinterest to help fuel my love affair. The problem with seeking them out using Pinterest is that the address is not often posted - so I feel the need to randomly wander around cities just searching for specific murals. The positive in this way of travel is that I more times than most, find other pieces of art along the way. However, the negative is that my friends often feel the need to kill me because I've made them walk way too far for no good reason.  





This is why just randomly happening upon the murals is a much better way to find cool things. You get lots of steps in and your friends don't feel the need to murder you. It's a win-win for everyone. 




This is how I fell upon these art pieces throughout Chinatown and Little Italy. After eating some delicious Dim Sum, and ice cream, there wasn't much else to do but wander off the calories. Thankfully, these two neighborhoods are rich with art around each and every corner. Unfortunately, like most people on Pinterest I didn't take the addresses down either. So if you're interested in seeing these masterpieces yourself, you'll just need to wander and happen onto them like I did. I promise you being surprised by them, is the best way to see them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating My Way Around London

Starstruck

Gavin Creel: A Joy-filled Evening at the Kennedy Center