Wandering in the City


One of my very favorite things to do in New York City, is to wander. According to many of my friends I don't often choose to do this wandering at the correct time. It turns out they don't prefer walking miles and miles in 900 degree weather. It's just not their thing. 

 


I, on the other hand, can walk for hours in whatever weather. You see, the best parts of the city aren't the tourist traps. It's the little details around each and every corner. Buildings are more intricate. The street art is more vibrant. And I'm always able to find something new. 

 

Every once in a while, the friends that hate this weather, do indulge me and that's often when we find the coolest things. That was the case last month. Even though August is the hottest month ever. Even though the sun was blazing. Even though the bestie had a bum toe. We still managed to see all sorts of new and wonderful sites in the Lower East Side. 

 

If you're headed to New York and you've never been there before, by all means see the big names on the to do list. But leave a little time for the little things too. When you happen on to these little details, it makes the trip that much more worth it.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating My Way Around London

Gavin Creel: A Joy-filled Evening at the Kennedy Center

Starstruck