Terrapin Thoughts


This afternoon, as I wandered around University of Maryland's campus getting very lost, I realized it's so much larger than I thought it would be. As a Towson University grad, I thought I knew large schools. But UMD is something else entirely. It's like its own little city. While I didn't enjoy finding myself in one building when I was supposed to be in another (thank goodness for nice Plant Studies students who point you in the right direction!), I did enjoy being on a campus again.

What I really loved about seeing UMD's campus was the diversity. I must have seen a thousand students wandering around between classes, and every single one looked different. There were all shapes and sizes and nationalities. I've always known that UMD had a big reach, but I didn't realize just how big. When people in society are judging others for their race or the country they were born in, it's refreshing to see an environment that embraces those differences.

UMD really is a beautiful place and I very much hope I get a chance to see a bit more of it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating My Way Around London

Gavin Creel: A Joy-filled Evening at the Kennedy Center

Review: 'You are Here: A Come From Away Story'