Where to Go?


Tonight I went to an evening presented by two travel agents. They scheduled 3 different travel companies to come and chat with people about trips and tours their companies offered. It was really interesting to hear about the trips that were out there. What wasn't so fun was to hear about the prices of these trips. It's unbelievable how expensive these things are.

The majority of these trips were group tours. Now, I'm all about a food tour or a walking tour, but taking a gamble on a big trip just sounds risky. What if you and your group don't see eye to eye? What if a serial killer (probably unlikely...) is in your group? What if you get stuck with a bunch of boring non-food lovers that complain all the time? I mean I know taking chances is a good thing, but if I'm going to pay all that money, I want to have fun with people I know I like.

Ironically though, the coolest trips were the ones with the crazy group travel company. So now I'm more confused than ever. If I had a bottomless font of money, I'd be good to go. I'd take all the trips, all over the world. But unfortunately, the Lottery has not been kind to me yet. So I'm stuck trying to decide where to go. I suppose there are worse problems to have...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating My Way Around London

Gavin Creel: A Joy-filled Evening at the Kennedy Center

What's New in Theatre?: Broadway Edition