Book Worm Wednesday: Bookshops To Love


One of my very favorite things to do when I travel is find an independent book shop. Some cities have loads, while others may not have any. When I do find a treasure, I'm always ridiculously happy. Instead of just giving these shops my money, I thought I'd give them a bit of good press while I was at it. First up is:

The Book Tavern
936 Broad Street, Suite 101 
Augusta GA, 30901

About The Book Tavern

The Book Tavern is a new and used book shop on the main shopping street in Augusta GA, Broad Street. While there isn't much shopping to be had here, this shop seems to be thriving. 

What I Loved

Their inventory is insane! Every shelf is positively overflowing with books. Even the tiny second floor (don't you just love an extra floor?!) contained a ridiculous number of treasures. This is where I found the Theatre and Arts section; usually about 2 shelves in most shops. Here there are about 10 shelves with everything from Biographies to Shakespeare's plays. It was nerdy and awesome. Jackpot!

We were so focused on browsing the shelves inside, we missed even more books in the alley outside. Unfortunately it was closing time, so they'll need to wait until the next time I'm in Georgia. 

What I Didn't Love

Though I'm usually OK in most used book stores, due to the size and inventory of this one, the dust decided to take me out. While browsing I realized I had tears in my eyes - and not just because I was happy to be around so many books. If you do have allergies, beware, and I suggest bringing a few tissues with you just in case.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eating My Way Around London

Gavin Creel: A Joy-filled Evening at the Kennedy Center

Review: 'You are Here: A Come From Away Story'