GISHWHES Envy

After an unseemly amount of time trolling Twitter yesterday, I finally found the 2014 GISHWHES list.  I'm sort of obsessed. I really wanted to participate but my biggest fear was that I wasn't brave enough.  Since none of my friends are as crazy as I am, they didn't want to join a team with me.  So I would have been placed on a team.  Therein lies the issue.  I know that I'm a big old ninny and therefore would have let down the 18 other people on my team which is just not cool. 

Now that I've seen the list, I know this for a fact: I'm so not brave enough to participate and I was quite smart not to even try!  Holy moly!  I knew the challenges were a little off the wall, but I never thought they'd be this extreme - oh, and AWESOME!  I can't wait to see what the participants accomplish but I'm so glad I'm not responsible for fulfilling the wishes. I'd be a basket case.  Out of 185 items, I'm pretty sure the ones that I'd have the guts to even try add up to about 220 points.

That's just pathetic so, you know... go me.

But at least I get to join in on a little of the fun by proxy which is curing the jealousy a bit. Apparently one of the items is to create an Orlando Jones Twitter account and gain 400 followers.  Before finding the list this morning, I was followed and subsequently followed "OrlandoJones" sort of assuming it was a GISHWHES thing rather than a famous Hollywood actor following me on a whim. And I was right!  But I gotta say, from what I can tell, the participants are having a bit more crazy fun than some random twitter following, and with nerve like that, they deserve it!

Good luck Gishers!  I hope to join you in the craziness next year, that is if I somehow magically grow a backbone over the course of the next 365 days : )

*If you have no idea what GISHWHES even is, here's a primer for your reading pleasure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating My Way Around London

Starstruck

Gavin Creel: A Joy-filled Evening at the Kennedy Center