Travel Tip Tuesday

I'm a fairly regular traveler.  I'm great with packing.  I'm fairly organized and I always have a schedule.  This is why I thought it was hilarious when a friend told me that somehow she managed to book a flight out of Dulles Airport back into Reagan National, when she meant to be flying into and out of BWI.  How could she have done something so ridiculous?

Then of course, Karma bit me in the butt, and I did the exact same ridiculous thing.  Somehow I managed to get a steal on airfare ($100 less than I originally thought it would be - I should have known, right?); was on top of the world thinking I was the queen of travel.  Then, realized about 10 minutes later, that instead of the queen of travel, I was just an idiot.  I had thought I was flying out of BWI when I had actually bought tickets out of Reagan.  Smart move, I know.

Which brings us to the Travel Tip.  If I wasn't already head over heels in love with Southwest's philosophy and rates, their flight change policy made me fall even harder. Within 5 minutes and completely for free (minus the additional cost of flying out of BWI, of course), I had changed my flight, with very little effort.  My friend was not as lucky, as she had booked on a budget site and couldn't change without paying a whole bunch more.

So the moral of this story, and today's travel tip: Always, Always, Always, Fly with Southwest!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating My Way Around London

Gavin Creel: A Joy-filled Evening at the Kennedy Center

Review: 'You are Here: A Come From Away Story'