Festival Of Trees

For the past 25 years, Kennedy Krieger has held the Festival of Trees.  It's their biggest fundraiser of the year.  If you're not familiar with it, the premise is simple.  Families, businesses, companies, etc. decorate Christmas trees in all sorts of elaborate themes and ornaments - some handmade, some store-bought.  Then all of the trees are set up at Timonium Fairgrounds and hundreds of people, who love Christmas, come to ogle a them. After the exhibition, the trees are sold and all of the money made goes directly to Kennedy Krieger to continue their work with children battling serious illnesses and other disabilities. Basically it's a winter wonderland for all who love Christmas.  Oh, and have I mentioned, it's pretty awesome?!

Even though I've lived here in Maryland, my entire life, I'd never been up until last year.  But after seeing the spectacle for the first time, I got hooked.  One of these years, I'm so doing a tree or a wreath at the very least, if I can come up with an idea that's at least half as clever and creative as the ones that were created this year!




Lego's were a big hit this year!
A tree dedicated to Justin Tucker was sure to be a big hit in Raven Country!


Olafs EVERYwhere!

How awesome is this Up house?!
You're in Baltimore, Hon.
After the season the O's had, this champagne bottle was the perfect addition
Snow head!

This one was dedicated to the Star Spangled Sailabration of last summer.  The name of the ship you ask?  The SANTA Maria, naturally.


This one was my favorite.  All Spruce wants is to be a Christmas Tree.  How cute is that!?




I have NO idea why there was a mission trip to Austin that required a tree in honor of the funky city, but as a lover of all things Austin, I of course, was impressed!


Gotta love a tree dedicated to my alma mater!


This tree is the whole reason we were there.  The NHS of SKHS created the tree: I'm dreaming of a Green Christmas.  The tree was decorated with items created using recycled items like soda cans, water bottles, old scrabble pieces, etc.  And I happen to think it was the coolest and most creative tree there, but I could be biased : )







This tree was Tea-riffic in my opinion : )

I still can't decide if this minion is adorable, creepy or adorably creepy...
Snow head #2!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating My Way Around London

Starstruck

Gavin Creel: A Joy-filled Evening at the Kennedy Center