There and Back Again

After planning, and worrying and packing and worrying, I just spent the loveliest 2 weeks in England.  I shared a bit about why I was worried here, though luckily, everything turned out ok. There were a few hiccups along the way, but it turns out I needn't have worried so much. London and Cornwall are still 2 of the most beautiful places in the world to me, and I still love that country with all my heart. 

It's just a different way of living over there.  When I'm there, I act differently, speak differently and most of all, I'm braver.  I'll try new things, and drive cars on the wrong side of the road.  I'll explore and chat and mostly, I just have the best time.  As I say, each time I come home, one of these days I'd love to live there for an extended period of time, just so I can explore even more than I already have. When my financial plan finally comes together (i.e. - winning the lottery), this will definitely happen.  For now, I'll just reminisce about the fun things I did on vacation, for instance...

Just a few highlights, before I give you the whole story in the coming weeks (whether you care or not)...

In Borough Market, I took a Secret Food Tour and I ate so much, it should be criminal.


In Notting Hill, I discovered a great restaurant called Farm Girl and I enjoyed the best breakfast ever.


In the West End, I watched Andrew Scott (Moriarty in Sherlock) knock Hamlet out of the park. (Don't tell Sherlock, but his Hamlet was better than Benedict's...)

At Wembley, I rocked out at what may be Adele's last concert ever.


In Bridport and Port Isaac, I geeked out while I toured the filming locations of Broadchurch and Doc Marten.


In Tintagel, I climbed to the top of King Arthur's Castle in flip-flops...


And I loved, loved, loved it all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating My Way Around London

Gavin Creel: A Joy-filled Evening at the Kennedy Center

What's New in Theatre?: Broadway Edition