Concert Bucket List Achieved!


I have a concert bucket-list like most people. I've had the chance to see Paul McCartney, Billy Joel and Elton John, which were definitely on the list. But there was one last man on that list, that I didn't think I'd get the chance to see. That was Phil Collins. Because of issues with his health over the last few years, he vowed he was done touring.


But earlier this year, word finally came that he'd be back on the road this fall. Thankfully, I'm pretty quick on the keyboard when it comes to buying tickets. And I'm happy to say he was unbelievably amazing! I enjoyed every moment of the concert, and he hasn't lost a step with his voice.


I was a little taken aback to see him appear on stage with a cane. I knew he had issues with his hearing, but I don't think I knew he had back issues. So the fact he'd be sitting the entire evening was a little upsetting. However, even sitting, he managed to kill it. He chatted a bit, and shared a few stories that were fun. But mostly he sang the songs everyone loved and had been waiting to hear. 


Now, I suppose I'm just waiting for him to realize how wonderful he is at touring, so he'll pop back around this way again soon! And maybe then, he'll sing No Son of Mine - which is a Genesis song, but dude, he sang other Genesis songs! Not that I'm bitter in the least... : )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating My Way Around London

Gavin Creel: A Joy-filled Evening at the Kennedy Center

Review: 'You are Here: A Come From Away Story'